Highlights of the NMAP SCITT course
- A three day residential course prior to the start of the academic year which will set the scene, the expectations of the course, prepare you for your first days in school and allow you to start building relationships and networks with fellow trainees.
- The SCITT is a unique collaboration between the State and the Private sector and will allow you opportunities to experience both
- 14.5 days of subject knowledge and pedagogical study
- 14.5 days of professional studies
- Primary school placement
- Short placement with alternative providers (Special schools, Pupil Referral Units)
- Placements in schools in different categories
NMAPS will offer the highest quality maths and physics teacher trainees a unique training experience, combining the benefits of on-the-job training offered by a traditional SCITT with the enhanced focus on specialist subject knowledge and pedagogical training, normally offered by a university based course. We aim to ensure that by the end of the year, all trainees will have gained QTS and a PGCE and will be fully equipped, confident and qualified to start their teaching career.