When to apply
Applications can be made from October each year. Over the course of this academic year the application process for teacher training is moving from UCAS across to DfE Apply, with many courses listed on both portals. The National Mathematics and Physics SCITT is on both, but applicants only need to apply to us once – either on DfE Apply or UCAS, not both. Applicants can only apply to three providers across both application platforms.
We will accept applications until the end of June or earlier if the course is full, so don’t leave it too late!
Applicants who meet our requirements will be invited for interview at their chosen Hub or potential placement school.
How to apply
- All applications to NMAPS must be made on the DfE ‘Apply’ or UCAS website and not through schools directly.
- You can search for The National Mathematics and Physics SCITT, or just use our UCAS Provider Code, which is 2H8.
- To find our courses, please use these Course Codes:
- For Mathematics, our course code is 38BB for Full Time and Part Time courses
- For Physics, our course code is 38BC for Full Time and Part Time courses
- Then select the appropriate Hub Location Code for the Hub you wish to apply to.
For enquiries about applications, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
The National Mathematics and Physics SCITT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff, and everyone involved in the NMAP SCITT, share this commitment and are therefore expected to behave in such a way that supports this commitment.
Appointment to train with NMAPS will be subject to the following pre-employment checks: health, identity, relevant work qualifications, right to work in the UK, professional registration (for qualified teaching staff), Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references and a Childcare Disqualification and Disqualification by Association Declaration (where applicable). A start date for successful applicants will not be confirmed until clearance from all the above checks has been obtained. Please note that the DBS check will reveal all convictions, reprimands, cautions and bind overs even if considered spent within the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. There is a DBS Code of Practice which governs this process. A copy of the Code of Practice is available at www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-code-of-practice.